Monday, May 27, 2013

Little Bits and Pieces (or More on Memorial Day)

Because it's still Memorial Day, and because this was shared with me, I am sharing too. What a treasure this post card must have been to Aunt Hattie. It was given to her by her son George prior to him shipping out to France to serve in WW 1. He was killed in France that same year.







This is what I think about the Flag and it is one of the principle reasons I am ready to fight today. Have no fear but what we do for God is with us forever.

                                                                  George.


Momentos. Little bits and pieces of our lives that "live" on after we are gone that bring us back and make us matter once again. Now I have a tangible Memorial Day connection through my grandma's cousin George.


Thank you to Ondra's dad, Fred, for sharing this with me.

4 comments:

  1. And thank you for sharing it with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. His sentiments are perfect and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Memorial Day...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so priceless and in his own hand writing..We will remember!

    ReplyDelete