Monday, May 13, 2013

Dork Day

Have you ever had one those days when no matter who you are with or what you do, you end up feeling like a dork? That was me today. Thankfully, I spent the morning and early part of the afternoon with two of my favorite ladies, my own daughters, who hopefully love me in spite of the fact that I am often a dork.

Today really wasn't all that much different than any other day. I wore my regular clothes and did my hair in the regular way. I said and did "normal" things, nothing wildly out of the ordinary, except that I wore my invisible "Dork Hat", the one that makes me afraid I've said or done something really... dorky. The Dork Hat drops onto my head on those days when I am especially tired and a bit out of sorts, sometimes hormonal, but I don't think that was today's problem... unless they're residual hormones...

Whatever the problem was, I knocked that hat right off my head as soon as I felt it drop. (Hannah and I had gone to Bethany's house late this morning with a mission to make chocolate pie for the dear girl who cut my hair last month. The pie making was a success and I miraculously found Amanda home when I stopped to make the delivery. I caught her by surprise, a good surprise.) So anyway, when that hat dropped onto my head, Hannah and I were on the way home. I was feeling overly drowsy (she was driving) and decided to take a nap as soon as I got home. It's usually a good cure for feeling dorky.

7 comments:

  1. hahaha....did you say something? I couldn't get over the funny photos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too are the cutest dorks ever!!! I really needed that chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was late, we were tired, and the photo booth was about to close. I hope Jim and Michele appreciate these lovely photos in their wedding album. :)

      Delete
  3. I have those days sometimes. They make me feel out of sync with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they absolutely do. Thankfully, my dorkiness didn't last too long that day. Sometimes my best bet is to take a nap and try to sleep it off.

      Delete