Friday, May 17, 2013

Adding to My List

I did not put "Attend a concert" on my summer list. None the less, that is our plan for this evening. My Darling called this morning and said, "How would you like to go to a concert tonight?" and so I got online and bought the tickets. We're going to hear Mark Schultz.

I also added two more ideas, "Ride a rollercoaster" and "Take a pottery class". I no longer have my entire life ahead of me (I can tell because I just looked over my shoulder...), so I figure I'd better get some of this done now lest it turn into an actual Bucket List. I did a bit of looking around online and found that pottery classes can be pretty pricey... Better make that one a matter of prayer. At least wine tasting is typically free. And maybe, just maybe, I'd like to eat some watermelon... and some strawberries... and some peaches...

PS. It would be really cool to take another ride on that ship in my header photo... *sigh*

10 comments:

  1. I took pottery many years ago when my children - girls - lived at home still - teenager actually. I brought some strange creations home and they all admired my handiwork - smirking behind their hands when they thought I wasn't looking. Then one of them said "I suppose this is what we are getting for Christmas" and they all shrieked with laughter. How rude! LOL!!!! We have all had a few good laughs about that over the years. They compared me to Claire Huckstable when she took pottery and the whole family made fun of it.

    Marilyn from Canada :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a local pottery class about ten years ago and loved it. I really think I could have been a potter. It's probably too late now, but I can always reach for the stars! :)

      Delete
    2. It is NEVER too late to do anything :-)

      Delete
    3. You're right, of course. :)
      And it a good thing.

      Delete
  2. I love your list there on the side...and with a check mark already! Hope you're enjoying the concert tonight! I LOVE that header photo..amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My header photo- I fell in love with the Pride of Baltimore II when we chanced to see her sailing into port in Oswego, NY one summer evening in June of 2010. We went for a "day sail" out of The Port of Rochester for our anniversary the following year. It was incredible. She'll be in Toronto in June, Cleveland over the fourth of July, and Erie, PA at Labor Day. No stops in Rochester this year. Too bad.

      The concert was very nice. Mark Schultz has quite the knack for making me cry.

      Delete
  3. Just love the picture of the Pride of Baltimore II...I would put a ride on that in my bucket list.

    Also love the picture of the girl at the rocks. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls are my daughters at one of the beaches on the Canadian side of Lake Erie not far from Buffalo, NY. It's one of those spots we like to stop if we take a ride up that way, a spot where my mom in law likely spent time as a teen.

      I've got my eye on the Pride of Baltimore. Maybe we can make it happen again. :)

      Delete
  4. fabulous. concerts on impulse are a way to adventure. got to live while one can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually surprised myself by saying yes before I knew who it was or where we were going.

      Delete