Monday, May 06, 2013

The To Do List

Tonight when I crawl into bed, I can be thankful for the gift of today's "to do" list. I made cookies and packed them into a box headed for Chicago. I wrote thank you notes and mailed them. I did laundry and actually put clothes away, and I filled a bag destined for Goodwill. (It's in my van.) We had dinner on time, and after supper went out back and worked on our vegetable garden together.

It was another gorgeous day and when I headed up to the post office, I took my camera along. A week of warm weather brings about abundant change. The orchards, cherry and apple, are coming to life. The blossoms don't last long so we must drink in the scene while it lasts.

My animals have been loving springtime too. I think my cats even like flowers, especially Oreo.

For those who might wonder, it was a better day. :)

6 comments:

  1. Glad it was a better day...
    Lovely photos...
    Lots done...
    Bravo Martha...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Oreo with the flowers! I wished I had my camera when I was bike riding with Steven today. Everything is so beautiful! I'm glad today was a better day. I'll be over on Wednesday to take Mom to see Tim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to have a camera handy. :)

      Mom also has an eye doctor appointment on Wednesday morning at 10:30, and I have to stop somewhere and fill her new eyeglass prescription. It's only been in my purse for a month. She'll be worn to a frazzle by the end of the day. Guess I'd better make sure she gets her shower tonight. :P

      Delete
  3. what a wonderful day...beautiful, productive, fun...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete