Monday, April 01, 2013

Easter

There is a serious blog post simmering deep inside. It just hasn't bubbled up to the surface yet. Of course, in the midst of shouting children and endless eye drops, there is not much time to sit and actually organize my thoughts into any semblance of order. I haven't decided yet whether that is a good thing or not. Perhaps not getting my thoughts into words will keep me out of trouble, or at least prevent me getting into any more.

Yesterday was Easter. Since Mom was at Rachel's for the weekend, we went to the early service at church, stayed for breakfast, and then Sunday school and the regular church service too.  Midway through the afternoon we headed over to my sister Priscilla's house for an Easter dinner of ham and potatoes, bread, and tossed salad. There was some good conversation, and a yummy apple crisp with whipped cream for dessert. I ate too much (again) and thoroughly enjoyed the time with my sister.

Now we have a week off school and some wintery weather to contend with. I'm still optimistic that spring is close at hand though it certainly doesn't feel that way today. In fact, if I was into eating them, it just might be a very good day for baking cookies. 



4 comments:

  1. haha...well, maybe having your post brew in your mind a few days will let the good words bubble to the top and the others will escape with the steam. :)

    Glad you had a nice Easter...sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, this one may brew forever. But that's okay too. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day! Glad you could relax and enjoy it. We had a nice day too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times! Glad you all came over!

    ReplyDelete