Sunday, April 07, 2013

Happy Birthday Party!

The birthday was really yesterday, and possibly even part of the day before (since he was born in Tokyo...), but we celebrated today. Not everyone could be here, but those who came were rewarded with Orange Creamsicle cupcakes (a boxed mix) and ice cream. I'd intended to bake a pie, but one of those nasty nauseating headaches landed me on the couch instead. Cupcakes seemed a viable option, and they looked good wearing blue candles. It was a low-key affair with just two grandchildren, four children, and a favorite son in law. After the party dissipated and Grandma had settled into working on her puzzle, James and I took our first orchard walk of the season. It felt so good to be out walking and climbing hills.

8 comments:

  1. We celebrated a birthday with cupcakes, too, this week! Yours look very festive!

    A walk sounds good. We had our windows open this afternoon for a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupcakes are the perfect birthday treat.

      Delete
  2. Those do look very festive and tasty! Love walks with my dearest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cupcakes were quite yummy. They tasted like two, but I only ate one.

      Delete
  3. Lucky you...out for a walk!
    I love your celery and romaine plants...what a great idea...and soooo green!
    Glad your "sweetie" had a sweet birthday...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't it be nice if they grow big enough to harvest and turn into salad all over again?

      Delete
  4. Can I hire you to make some for me for Sunday. The soon-to-be birthday girl also requested those orange cupcakes. I hope they all taste like two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only I had time to bake for hire... But they were pretty easy seeing as there was matching frosting. :)

    ReplyDelete