Thursday, April 04, 2013

Hard Times

We all have hard times. I struggle daily with both caring for my mother, and finding the patience to deal with small children, but this week I have friends who desperately need prayer and encouragement.

My friend and Tuesday morning prayer leader (J) lost her 36 year old son to a drug overdose on Monday. He had struggled for years and just couldn't seem to break free of the habit that clawed at his life. My friend is heartbroken. On Tuesday morning she was surrounded by a Circle of Sisters who loved and encouraged her, held her close, and lifted her in prayer before the One Who Heals the brokenhearted. M's passing leaves us stunned and sad.

Another friend is dealing with a broken relationship. Her son's girlfriend has left him and taken their three babies; a one and a half year old girl and twin 8 month old boys. Grandma has been unfriended on Facebook and now not only can't see her grandchildren in person, but no longer sees pictures either. I know her heartache.

Today my childhood friends found out the trial of their adopted brother has been put off once again as he makes a request for new, high profile lawyers to represent his case, rather than the district attorney originally appointed. It has been almost 16 months since he set the fatal early December fire that took the lives of his father and two adopted brothers, and injured both his mother and sister. It hurts to even imagine him being acquitted.

Sometimes life leaves us staggering in disbelief, wondering if and when justice will ever come. The reality is, sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it takes so long in getting here that by the time it arrives, the waiting has already taken more of a toll than the original offense.

5 comments:

  1. This is not the serious post I had been thinking of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, I'm sorry! Life seems almost too much to bear sometimes, doesn't it? Lots of hurt there...praying for all involved. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hurt for my friends whose hearts are shattered. :(

      Delete
  3. It does seem like life hits people pretty hard at times. I'm sorry about the pain.

    ReplyDelete