Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tulips and Easter Eggs

It was a good and productive day. While I was out running errands I came across some beautiful bunches of tulips. I don't typically buy myself flowers, but, as Betsy would say, "they jumped into my cart." I couldn't help but think of Linda whose pink tulips looked so pretty a few weeks ago. My color choices were red or yellow and I picked up a fresh yellow spring bouquet and enjoyed it all the way through Wegman's and home to my kitchen table.

Once my groceries were put away, I headed outside to do a bit of spring cleaning. I raked out one of my garden boxes and cleaned sticks and leaves out of an over grown used to be flower garden. And then... then I went on an Easter Egg hunt, in my backyard. I collected a whole bagful of "treasures" only the "bunnies" in this case were named Sofie and Jasmine. Blech! (Sorry, no pictures...)

Tomorrow we are going to have dinner with my sister Priscilla.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, see! You just can't do anything but bring those things home when they jump into your cart! :) Love the yellow! How cheerful!

    Enjoy dinner tomorrow...yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These flowers were the first item to jump in my cart and they were quite happy to be there. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the "nod" Martha...
    Now...didn't they cheer you up???
    Nothing...nothing...like fresh flowers!

    Enjoy your day with your sister...
    We are home from the lake, and will have leftovers tonight!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Linda, they are quite cheery, even if I say so myself. :0)

      Delete
  3. Love the flowers! Hope you enjoyed your day with Priscilla yesterday! Glad you guys weren't alone for the holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a very nice visit with Priscilla and Jamie, and it was nice not to have any pressure to be home at a certain time.
      Thank you for the weekend, Rachel.

      Delete