Thursday, April 04, 2013

A Little More on the Positive Side

My last post was not very cheery. Sometimes real life slips into blog posts. Lest you think I live in Utopia, let me assure you I do not. *sigh*

The past few weeks have found me hoping for spring and thinking about gardens. Not only have I started some seeds (tomatoes and marigolds), but I have been having a bit of fun with what I've been referring to as a "Gahh-bage Gahh-den". So far I'm working on rejuvenating a few Romaine stumps and the stub from some leftover celery. Whether or not they make it into an actual outside garden and end up bearing "fruit" remains to be seen. For now they provide a cheery bit of green.

My egg carton seed planters have found a rather warm and sunny spot in my powder room/ laundry facility. My Darling installed a nice narrow board shelf in the space between my laundry appliances and the bathroom window. It's warm and it's bright, perfect for starting seeds. I just hope they don't end up growing mold like my previous attempts. Think positive, think positive.

It's been a long weeks of spring break here on the farm. There have been no cold weather outings aside from Tuesday morning's jaunt to Ladies' Prayer, and no wonderfully special kid friendly activities. Perhaps this is why I am finding myself tired of playing referee to a couple of small girls who cannot co-exist without some kind of competition going on. If you had told me years ago when I was playing referee between my own children that I would voluntarily do it again with someone else's children, I'd have never believed it. There is hope though. Most of my kids eventually learned how to get along.

3 comments:

  1. wow! Your celery looks great! I saw that in pinterest and wondered how it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cheery. Think I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete