Sunday, April 14, 2013

Unwrapping Gifts

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 
James 1:17

Although I've stopped numbering and writing down "gifts", I have not stopped noticing them.  Friday afternoon, after days of cold and rain, the sun broke through and lit up our world for a little while. I gazed out the kitchen window toward the driveway and a little patch of yellow spots caught my eye. I knew they weren't flowers, but in the late afternoon sunshine they almost appeared to be. I went out to investigate.

There at the base of our silver maple tree were several little patches of moss catching the sunlight and tossing it back toward the sky. Since I've been imagining fairy gardens and homes, this little patch of life made me smile. It also made me think once again of that list I stopped keeping. I think maybe I should start all over again. I'm pretty sure God doesn't mind me picking up at one again...

1. Patches of moss catching afternoon sunlight.

2.  Spring rain turning grass green.

3. Seedlings sprouting.

4 comments:

  1. You could put some of that moss down in your gnome home for a lawn. :)

    sunlight and signs of spring...certainly these are some wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this may be the Fairy Picnic Ground. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh starting over is a great idea, as I always love your lists...they make me happy too. My back yard is bursting with new life and color right now... I must post it soon.
    Love you dear Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got to the end of my notebook I tried to start the new one where I'd left off, but it just didn't work out the same. I think starting over is a good idea.
      I love you too, Wanda!

      Delete