Sunday, April 21, 2013

Travel Plans

In just a few days we will board a plane and fly to the lovely Land of the Thousand Lakes for the wedding of our oldest son. I am the kind of person who fends off excitement until I just can't deny it any longer, and now I am excited. All those little details that have been brushed out of my mind until now are flooding in. I am likely to wake at night, toss and turn, and think of all that needs to be done, but mostly I will be excited for my son and his beautiful fiance'.

We won't be spending an excessive amount of time in Minnesota, at least not this time, but we will be there long enough to celebrate the addition of a new daughter in law, and still have a bit of time for me to catch up with my friend, Kristina, who lives just a few miles from where the wedding will take place. (How cool is that?) I wish my sisters could have made the trip too since we have all been bloggy buddies with Kristina since 2006, but this gives Kristina a very good reason to visit us in NY instead. And, since I will be welcoming a new grandson in August, perhaps there will be another opportunity for us to gather in Minnesota.

8 comments:

  1. How very exciting! I know you will have such a good time! We get to do the same in July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our fourth kid wedding. You'd think I was an expert by now, but I still don't know what's expected of me and I'm too distracted to pay much attention. :p

      Delete
  2. And you with your new haircut!!!
    What will you be wearing, Martha...
    Oh...I hope you have a grand time!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to wear my new dress (pictures later...) and have a grand time.
      Thanks!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. It is very disappointing to me that I wasn't ale to make it. We just cannot swing it. Everything seems to e a challenge lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a challenge for us too, Priscilla. I understand. This is one of those times where we travel out of necessity.

      I think your B key is missing...

      Delete
  4. I hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating! I wish I could be there too, but instead I will be at a required all day dental seminar on Friday, and enjoying the company of Mom here at home. (don't worry about Friday, Steve will be here) I hope to see some video footage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be wishing you were there, and being thankful you have Mom both at the same time. I'm hoping there are lots of videos and tons of pictures. (Simon and Aubrey are staying home too.)

      Delete