Sunday, November 25, 2012

Window Washer

I never thought much about washing windows. Dusting maybe, but windows? Well, I have to say that since I washed my windows last week (inside and out) I am seeing things in a new light. (Yes, I know. I made a funny...) I suppose it helps that I also removed all the screens, but then again, isn't part of the purpose of screens to hide the dirt that we are too lazy to wash off? What do you mean no?


My real reason for taking my screens down is that my camera doesn't quite know whether to focus on the screen or the birds outside the window. The screens are safely stowed in the basement awaiting a thorough cleaning in the spring when the weather gets warm enough to open the windows again. In the meantime I can sit inside where it is warm and toasty, and take all the winter photos I want without even putting my boots on. (I wonder where they are anyway...)

I still have a few windows that didn't get washed on the outside yet. They are the ones that are either too wide to reach across while standing on the window sill, or too small and obstructed by the kitchen sink. Neither did I crawl out the bedroom windows onto the roof in order to wash those windows. I'm not afraid of falling off the roof, I'm concerned instead about getting stuck halfway out the window. Kind of like Pooh Bear. Maybe I'll get Hannah to do it.

PS. Yes, I did take all of these pictures through the glass. It's going to be a great winter. Come on squirrels!


2 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought of taking the screens off...smart. Except it still to warm here to do that. Your windows must really be clean cause your pictures are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suppose they will stay this clean all winter. Perhaps I shall have to do them again midway through. Maybe on one of those unexpectedly warm days.

      Delete