Monday, November 26, 2012

It's a dreary kind of day. Every once in a while the clouds open up and decide to drop something snow-like upon us, but it isn't sticking to anything other than windshields. The trees are mostly naked now, colorless and bland.

This morning on my in from the bus stop I heard the cry of a red fox, and then I saw them, a pair, running through the orchard across the street, up the hill, and into the woods.

I've eaten enough Thanks- giving yummies for one year. I hope to take advantage of the few weeks between now and Christmas to gather up the momentum to put my eating habits back in order again. I find it not so difficult to enjoy the sights and smells of certain foods without actually putting them into my mouth. (At least that is what I keep telling myself... and there is something quite lovely about the smell of good food.)


I'm feeling tired and slightly headachy this afternoon. I suppose a short nap might be nice before the school bus returns.

5 comments:

  1. I feeling a lot like you this morning, Martha. I'm really pretty tired of all the eating, even though it was awesome. I haven't been to the YMCA for several weeks, and promised myself, after the Christmas decorations go up this week (Already have Fall out of my living rooom and kitchen) I will start back to my regular routine, and take of these six pounds that jumped on over the past few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had those tiniest of snowflakes that didn't accumulate to anything yesterday! Still, fun to see them slowing floating to the ground.

    I ate the last piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast. I was good and didn't add whipped cream. ha. I've had my fill now, too, and a fresh salad sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I had for breakfast this morning too, Betsy. I thought maybe it wasn't such a good idea, but then again, pumpkin is good for ya, right? :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos, Martha...
    Why does everything delicious have to be "bad"for you??? And fattening!!!!
    I am coming back as a Man...weight problems don't seem to be problems for them!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Linda. Murphy's Law is against us on every side. I suppose that is why they say, "Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow... " Well, you know. ;)

      Delete