Wednesday, November 14, 2012

R is for Rodent

R is for rodent.

I am often at a loss as to what to post on any given week, and of course, such was the case with this time around. But alas! Wednesday is not over yet and today brought about the perfect opportunity for a great post on the letter R.

My grand- children came for the morning and I was fixing lunch; yogurt, PBJ's, and ... apples! I sent my daughter Hannah out to the back porch for a nice Crispin apple to cut up for the kids. She returned a moment latter and reported,
"We've been infested." My mind immediately thought fruit flies, or some other kind of insect, but on closer examination I found it must have been a pest of another variety, someone who took his time deciding which apple was best, someone who taste tested several different apples before deciding on one in particular, and someone who didn't care much for apple skins. Thankfully, he was someone who didn't prefer Crispins.
However, I think if we had not checked the box of apples today, he just may have invited his friends to the party and eaten the whole box!


 For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

8 comments:

  1. HaHa...Those sneaky little Apple Lovers.

    Hopefully you have a few left for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several left untouched and they'll get a good bath before anyone eats them.

      Delete
  2. Don't like uninvited guests either.
    Glad you rescued a few apples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd cook the rest up and make apple crumble or apple sauce! Yech! Those rascally rodents! lol

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...oh dear. Glad they didn't eat them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. strange - thought there was a mouse in the house; ended up that it was a little mole or shrew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad they left some for you.

    Reminiscing
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum what a fantastic treat for fall--I'm late to the party this week.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete