Wednesday, November 21, 2012

S is for Song

S is for songs and singing.

Although I don't consider myself especially musical, I did grow up in a home where music was central. My dad learned to play harmonica as a small boy. He had a grandpa who played also, and they spent many hours playing together. As a teen Dad learned to play the guitar and so our home was constantly blessed with song.


I recall, even as a child, wondering about the day when Dad's instruments would be silent. It was hard to imagine a world without Dad's harmonica singing. This Thanksgiving I am thankful for a handful of old cassette tapes that bring his voice and instruments back to life.

(You can find the words to the song here.)
 
For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

7 comments:

  1. My video keeps disappearing if I edit the post... Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. You are so fortunate to have those tapes. Treasures for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Song is important to me.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to get to listen to him and his music. We have a pretty musical family as well. Years ago I kept an answering machine message my Dad sent me.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tapes are such a gift to all of you:-) So thankful you have them! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love music although music doesn't care too much about me lol.

    I am playing catch up with ABC this week. Sooo busy!

    Charcoal Sketches, come and see.
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it's nice that you have the tapes, though I'm sure you'd rather have your dad...

    ReplyDelete