Saturday, November 24, 2012

It Was a Party

It was a nice party. It was loud and we could scarcely hear ourselves think, much less hear the person across the table, but there was food and drink and laughter. Yes, it was a nice party, a party to celebrate both a wedding and a soon to arrive baby boy.

Sweet baby James, a new cousin, will arrive shortly after Christmas bringing a bit of joy and cheer to a family who lost so much last year at this time and who struggles each and every day to accept the loss. I think last year was the saddest December of my life. I pray there will be much for our extended family to celebrate this year. It will still be hard, I know that, but perhaps this tiny gift will give them the hope and determination they need to face the days ahead.

I didn't get any pictures at the cele- bration today, but I did find another party on our way out of the park. Thankfully, this bunch didn't mind having a group photo taken.


4 comments: