Friday, November 23, 2012

On Being Thankful

I did not write multiple posts on thankfulness this year, but as I was looking through old Thanksgiving posts I found this quote, "Every holiday celebrated with my mom and dad grows more precious with the years" -November 27, 2008. How could I have known that would be our last holiday season together? The next year we would be missing my dad and I would write, "... we have bid farewell to a much loved and cherished family member this year,..." I've decided it's never going to be quite the same, but I also know that my dad will never really be too far away. All I have to do is close my eyes and he is close once again.

2 comments:

  1. Precious memories....how they linger....

    Made watergate salad this year just because I was missing my Mom...no one but me likes it, but I felt better just having it. Oh my dearest likes it...so that was two of us, and the bowl is almost gone!!

    ReplyDelete