Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Week

Monday was my Saturday this week, although I didn't go grocery shopping. That happened on the real Saturday. On Monday I had no children to keep track of and nowhere to go, so I stayed home and climbed a mountain instead, a mountain of laundry. It isn't that I was behind on my washing, it's just that I was catching up with bedding and the weekend accumulation of adult sized clothing.

Tuesday arrived in Monday fashion with children to put on the school bus. I went to Ladies' Prayer for the first time in a few weeks, a much needed spiritual encouragement. Tuesday evening found James and I meeting my son's future mother in law fro dinner at Carrabba's. She was flying into Rochester for a business trip and it seemed the perfect time to get acquainted. We likely won't meet again until Jim and Michele get married in April.

Yesterday was Wednes- day. I had one of those crazy dreams in the night. You know the kind, the ones that leave you feeling stressed out and exhausted? I was so sleepy in the morning that I decided to walk my treadmill mile at 7:30 and see if it helped wake me up. I was just taking the girls out to meet the bus when Leta arrived with my grandchildren. I had four wildflowers for the morning (one of them being my regular "non-grandchild" charge). We played with my new box of Play-do, got out all the Hot-wheels cars, stepped over dishes, and moved window decals from the door to the fridge to the stove... I finished out the day by helping Mom with a shower where we discovered she is missing one hearing aide. Blah. I still haven't found it. I wouldn't be too concerned if she had been home all day like normal, but she went out with my sister in the afternoon and I have no clue when it went missing.

Today seems a bit more "normal" although my middle school charge will be arriving not long after noon. It's a half day for grades 5-12. Tonight I am heading over to Bethany's house for a Norwex demonstration. She is starting up a new business selling cleaning supplies with a focus on some really great microfiber cleaning cloths. I have to say, they really are very nice, much better than using old rags or paper towels. My windows have never been so clean and all I need to use is water.

Tomorrow will probably seem boring after all the other weekly activities. Won't that be nice?

9 comments:

  1. I hope the dog didn't eat the hearing aid. My doctor told me more hearing aids are swallowed by dog, as hey hear the high pitched sound. The tubing on one of my hearing aids broke, and I've sent it off to be repaired. At lease it's still under warentee.

    Sounds like you've really had your hands full.

    Had my Glaucomma screening this morning, and my eyes are still dialated..so I hope I'm hitting the right keys....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly doubt Sofie ate the hearing aid without leaving a trace, and Jazz has been down to Martin's for the last few days. *sigh* But perhaps that is a good thing.

      My eyes are feeling goofy today and I didn't have a glaucoma test. Besides all that I'm always hitting the wrong keys. I think I'm dyslexic or something. :)

      Delete
  2. Busy as a little bee, Martha...
    Good for you...keeps you young at heart!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda:o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The busy days are the best, Linda. I hardly know what to do with myself on the other ones. Yup, I like the busy days best.

      Delete
  3. Nice week! I don't mind laundry...home alone and not rushed. :) Nice your grands were there! Hope that hearing aide turns up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Norwex products and the 2 cloths for doing the windows and any glass and mirrors are just the best! The face cloths are good too.

    Marilyn From Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cleaning with fibre cloths. Well I don't love cleaning - but if you've got to do it, that's the way to do it. There is no Norwex distributor near here so we use the other brand, but I've heard excellent things about Norwex.

    ReplyDelete