Wednesday, October 10, 2012

M is for Motivation

M is for motivation...

My motivation appears to have gone the way of my marbles. I keep trying to muster up the momentum to regain my motivation, but momentum is hard to come by sometimes. I've read that lack of direction can affect both momentum and motivation. Perhaps this is the reason for many a mid-life crisis.

I did a search on "moti- vation and momen- tum" and came up with all kinds of business sites and strategies. While I am not really trying to grapple with a full-fledged business, I do suppose managing a household is akin to running a company, so some of the advice actually does apply.

Our home "business" is a partner- ship between my husband and I. We are, in a way, co-leaders, and we can be a source of motivation to each other, or we can be can undermine what little momentum the other may or may not possess. The fact that we often speak different languages while both speaking English, makes matters even more problematic.

The article 8 Killers of Motivation and Momentum may be good for me to consider, especially if I want to be an encouragement to my husband, who I am afraid is also feeling rather unappreciated at the moment. I suppose there is nothing better for increasing momentum than having a goal and working toward it together.

For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

18 comments:

  1. Sometimes I lose my motivation as well.

    Manok... find out what it is
    Rose, ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to set a goal to work toward and it can create motivation. The best way to lose weight etc is to have a re-union or wedding coming up. I have a craft show coming up so I'm motivated to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Days with goals are definitely the most productive for me. Now all I need is a goal. :)

      Delete
  3. Motivation is something like 'get up and go' and sometimes mine 'got up and went' :-)

    Marilyn From Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so true that we can either help to motivate our spouse or distract them from being motivated. And, just in case you forgot and feel like you are not accomplishing much...you still have a daughter that you are overseeing her homeschooling and you are the very excellent caretaker of your Mom:-) I love you and think you are doing such an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I only pray my children are able to succeed with the small toolbox I have been able to provide them. I am blessed by those who have given them other tools along the way, spoken words of wisdom, and often showed them how. And then, of course, we have a God who is able to take the smallest offering and multiply it to care for thousands. What would we do without Him?

      Delete
  5. Been there. On Sunday (I think), I'm writing about adult ADHD, which I may have...
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have ADD as a child, I think I may have acquired it somewhere along the way. :)

      Delete
  6. I have such small goals somedays you'd need a magnifying glass to find them.
    Glad I am not the only one that peters out at times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, that is a great word picture. Perhaps I should buy a magnifying glass and hang it within reach. *sigh*

      Delete
  7. I have trouble with motivation. Beautiful shots! Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carter. It was a beautiful day for a ride and I intend to go out once more while there are still leaves to take pictures of.

      Delete
  8. I think all couples struggle with this most of the time. But love will overcome any obstacles towards momentum or motivation.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and sacrifice. And a lot of help for Someone else.

      Delete
  9. Lovely words Martha...
    I find it hard to get motivated sometimes myself..but somehow, I find it deep inside...
    Thanks for sharing, and making me think...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think lack of motivation is a common problem. :)

    ReplyDelete