Tuesday, October 30, 2012

P is for Previous


I have perused my previous "P" posts; purple, painter, pepper, and pies. I could easily repeat one of these subjects as at least two of them are in the forefront of my thoughts today...

It is autumn and autumn is the very best time of year for baking pies. Pie is on my mind, in fact there is a grape pie cooling on the stove right now. It will be good with ice cream later this evening.

The painter (click here) is also in my thoughts this day. I am hoping his basement studio in the Bronx stayed dry throughout the hurricane. I pray his paintings are safe. I know those pictured here have already been installed at the Bronx Community College, but every successful studio stores other paintings, sometimes a lifetime of work. I'm hoping to hear from my friend that her husband's work is safe.

And finally, P is for pictures (or photos) which are not wanting to upload for some unknown reason. Oh, wait! There they are!

For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

17 comments:

  1. how about -
    please provide pie pleasing pregnant people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a grape pie....could you save me a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you can do pie EVERY time; just change 'em up - lemon meringue and pumpkin and apple...

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pie for every letter! Now there's an idea. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh it's pumpkin pie season and my FAVORITE pie. Your grape looks yummy.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pumpkin is still my favorite too.

      Delete
  5. perfect p's! :) I want a piece of that pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over, Betsy, I've got another in my freezer.

      Delete
  6. Your last photos is perfect!

    Pile of Leaves
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very last one is the painter himself. He was working on those bricks in the painting that Sunday afternoon.

      Delete
  7. It sounds great ! I hope the painter's work is not destroyed by Sandy. Are you okay?
    Wil, ABC Team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are fine here. We got some crazy sounding wind Monday night, some people lost power, and there were some downed trees here and there. The center of Sandy hasn't even reached us yet. It is forecast to bring us some rain, but even that is not supposed to be anything detrimental.

      Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  8. I'm on my way for a slice of that grape pie! Never tried it before...sounds yummy!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never had grape pie but it sounds delish...I'd love a cuppa too.
    Hope your friends paintings are indeed okay. Such devastation is so sad.

    ReplyDelete