Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunday Scripture

Have you made daylight spread to the ends of the earth, to bring an end to the night's wickedness? As the light approaches, the earth takes shape like clay pressed beneath a seal; it is robed in brilliant colors.
Job 38:13-14


 My camera is rarely far away on sunny autumn days. Early in the week the trees were robed in orange and yellow. By Friday we had a fresh golden carpet blanketing the grass. With the impending storm, and the surety of rain, we did a bit of raking and jumping while the opportunity afforded. When the day was done and the kids went home, the pile was loaded on a tarp and dragged down back for the winter. It's been a beautiful fall, and though I can't find too many scripture verses pertaining to autumn, I'm pretty sure God finds it magnificent too.


6 comments:

  1. I'm sure God does. I always think of God painting our leaves. Your picture is beautiful. We've had a beautiful fall, too. It's my favorite season. We were at some friends tonight for a ministry appreciation harvest dinner of soup over the fire. The pumpkins and candles, mums, crisp cool air and fire--it was just so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of it as a painting too, Pamela, and it always makes me smile. :)

      Delete
  2. I have no doubt God finds it magnificent. Last week I actually wrote that I think autumn's beauty is one of his ways of saying..."look at me."
    Wishing you a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it's a beautiful fall and the colors in your picture are breathtaking.
    What a blessing to be share our lives and God's artwork with others.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Virginia, it is a blessing. I must call that to mind the next time I feel discouraged. Thank you.

      Delete