Sunday, October 28, 2012

Staying In

It was a good day to bake, even it it is Sunday. I whipped up a friendly batch of gluten free Apple Pie Muffins. (See here) While they were baking, I built an apple pie. Oh, so yummy! My house smells good and it's warm and cozy to boot. I hid the muffins under a clean kitchen towel. I hope Mom doesn't find them... ;)

Yesterday I had a date to meet my friend Angel. I'd promised to bring her a pie, so I got up early to make sure it got into and out of the oven in time for our meeting. When I arrived at her house, the pie was the perfect "warm apple pie" temperature. Seated at her kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee and a slice of apple pie, we chatted and enjoyed each other's company. We have been friends for many years but don't often find the time to catch up, so it was really very nice. Now I have a good excuse to go back. She has my pie plate and Tupperware pie taker. Besides all that our Aunt Cindy is coming to visit my friend (who is also my husband's cousin) for Thanksgiving and I'll need to make another pie to take there when she comes. (Aren't I sneaky?)

And... yesterday I also made a pumpkin pie because we were invited to a very special double birthday party for Bethany and Josh. Josh will be five when "Frankenstorm" arrives tomorrow, and Bethany turned 18 again. (That's all the candles she had left after putting five on Josh's cake.) I have now had my fill of pie and should be on the treadmill of mine instead of sitting here in this computer chair.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike...
    I made a plum crisp, and another apple pie bread...
    Baked ham and scalloped potatoes...
    Then...some scotch broth with a leftover lamb shank from Friday nights dinner at the lake...
    POOPED!!!
    Hopefully "Sandy" will spare the precious cottage...
    Now, Martha....onto the treadmill for you!!!
    Hope you and yours are safe from the storm..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete