Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Scripture

Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
Matthew 10:29

Last week God blessed me with a special gift; a beautiful little bird. (A golden-crowned Kinglet) He had fallen to the ground, probably as a result of flying into my kitchen window. Thankfully, he was just stunned and left momentarily unable to fly. He hopped about ahead of my feet, looking for a safe spot to rest and found the threshold of the basement door. I quickly shooed Oreo in the other direction before he had a chance to notice the little creature, glanced back at the little bird and followed the girls down the driveway to await the school bus.

The bus came and went, carrying the girls off for the day, and I returned to my little friend. He looked sadly up at me while I talked to him. He had a sad little pair of eyes. I was just trying to decide what to do for him when he jumped into the air and flew off toward the backyard pine tree. I have to say I was relieved, and also blessed that I had taken my camera outside that morning.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, poor little guy. He sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does have sad eyes. He is so pretty. I'm glad you took your camera outside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen one like that. He is cute and sad looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if they look sad when they haven't had their senses knocked out them?

      Delete