Thursday, October 18, 2012

N is for Neigh!

I know, I already posted something... But today I found a word I like better.

This morning we left the house somewhat early and headed south toward Honeoye, NY where my daughter Hannah and her friend take riding lessons. It was a beautiful day for a ride and a beautiful day to have my camera in tow.

The horses on this particular farm are rescue horses and some can be adopted by the students who come to ride. This is Mack. He used to be a racehorse. Hannah loves him and I can see why. He is a sweet horse, even if he doesn't really want to be ridden.

Hannah (in the blue) and her friend Kelly brought Mack down to the barn to clean him up and comb his hair. He soaked up the attention and was very well behaved while they brushed and braided. Afterward he was rewarded with a peppermint and a few special hugs.

I think I like Mack too.


For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

8 comments:

  1. No better way to spend the day...
    Out and about...fancy free...
    Loving Nature...fannnntastic!
    We are raining like mad tonight...
    Supposed to clear tomorrow...
    Heading to the cottage...
    Enjoy the Apple pie bread!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not such a nice day today, I don't think... But then fall is also about chilly, overcast days too, and there is something cozy about even that. Maybe I'll bake that Apple Pie Bread today.

      Delete
  2. Oh, he's beautiful!

    Wanda is talking about horses, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, Betsy.

      It looks like Wanda had a nice vacation. :)

      Delete
  3. Lucky girls! I Noticed you'd posted again and was curious...

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is much more fun than "nothing".

      It really was a beautiful day too!

      Delete
  4. this is NICER!
    ROG, ABC WEDNESDAY TEAM

    ReplyDelete