Monday, August 27, 2012

Winding Summer Down

Summer is coming to a close. School starts up again just after Labor Day and my schedule will be readjusted once again. Every years turns out a little different than the one previous, and life is always an adventure. This September will find Rocky keeping me company; just one small flower in this ever changing garden.

Since my friend Emma will be taking a hiatus (her grandma will be here for 6 weeks), and this was out last day alone for a while, I decided to take her out to lunch. Of course we headed up town to one of my favorite places.

My little friend eats little. She is more of a "picker" when it comes to food. She ordered the hot dog, doused it in ketchup, and then had me cut it up so she could eat it out of the bun. I chose a BLT on rye bread and sweet potato fries since Dutch Lettuce wasn't on the menu.

 Em thought we should order dessert, so we asked for some of Peter's specialty rice pudding, served up by the handsome dishwasher. I ate mine cold. She had hers warmed up and then ate the whipped cream off the top. Goofy kid! Ah, well, she does have a trimmer figure than me. Perhaps she is onto something.

2 comments:

  1. Special little gal...special lunch! It all looks very good. For me...hold the ketchup. I like mayo and mustard on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I should've had a taste or five!

    ReplyDelete