Wednesday, August 01, 2012

C is for Collecting

"Pull yourself together and collect your thoughts."

This was a para- phrase of a scripture reference read at yesterday morning's Ladies' Bible study. (1 Peter 1:13) I found myself smiling because "Gird up the loins of your mind" is a picture that so many of us really don't get, yet it all seemed so obvious when the teacher said it this way. I understand "pull yourself together" pretty well.

I have to say, my thoughts have been rather scattered as of late. I've not had my mind "under control" as I ought and I often let myself become flustered and overwhelmed as a result, so it was a good reminder to "take every thought captive," which is another very good C word. (2 Corinthians 10:5)


For more ABC Wednesday fun, click here.

4 comments:

  1. I love that thought...Pull yourself together...very good picture I understand.

    And I've been working on taking every thought captive too. Daily struggle.

    Very good words and thoughts for the Letter "C"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that capture! Catching up with ABC.

    C is for...Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very wise person! I shall remeber that quote from Peter.
    Thanks for taking part in this meme.
    Wil, ABC Team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what? Oh, yeah, I was going to say that was a good ...I was going to say something here, but too scattered. Oh, yeah, GREAT post.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete