Friday, August 31, 2012

A Concerted Effort

I am holding on to summer with all my might and yet I find the sands of August slipping through my fingers...

All summer long Joshua has longed to visit the beach at Sodus Point. All summer I have dreamed of making my way to Fair Haven. Today our wishes collided in a wonderful way. We packed our bags (and lunches) and met at Sodus Point for an afternoon at the lake. Perhaps there will be another opportunity to visit the other beach.





Wind, waves, and water. Sunshine, seaweed and blowing sand. The kids arrived at the beach clean and left looking like merchildren, covered in seaweed and a sticky layer of sand.

It was a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm loving this...just makes me smile from ear to ear....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All children had baths back at home. I hear Josh had quite the collection of seaweed in his trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of that means everyone had a great day! Love the photos.

    Here in Alberta the weather was just gross today. Cool, windy and pouring for half the day. Not what I was looking forward to for the last long weekend of summer :-( The temperature was 8 degrees C this morning - not sure what that is in F, but believe me it was rather brisk!!!

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Marilyn, we had a wonderful day!

    I'm sorry your weather hasn't been cooperative. I hope you have a beautiful September. I'm looking forward to the colors and long sleeves as I enjoy whatever is left of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as the colder weather begins for you, it's been warming up here, though still cold at night. I took the kids to a park on Friday, and inadvertently get terribly sunburnt! It wasn't even spring yet!!

    It looks lovely where you are. Love the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, perhaps I will enjoy another summer vicariously through you. :)

    Let me know if you need me to send you any more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know when you first get some snow please. We had a hot day here today. A comfortable kind of hot. The water at the beach is still too cold to swim in yet, but we are only four days info spring!

    ReplyDelete