Thursday, August 09, 2012

Little Stuff Here and There

It's still summer. I haven't soaked it up this year in quite the manner I like, but it's not over yet. There is still time to breathe deep and enjoy the few weeks I have left. And, I must remember that here, in my house, even September counts as summer. (There! I feel better already.)

Yesterday Hannah met her cousins at Seabreeze and spent the day going down water slides, riding the rides, and just taking in the wonder of a summer day at an amusement park. Priscilla and I didn't stay, but returned later, when it was getting dark, to pick them up. The girls returned to the car smiling and tired after a day of fun in the sun.

After dropping Hannah off, we made a quick stop down by the bay to toss a few crumbs of bread to the water fowl on the shore. Priscilla was with us and is not too impressed with large bird etiquette. Neither does she trust them to behave with small girls. There were a few attempts at "grabbing" but we left without any bites or bruises, and the girls were all happy.

On our way through Webster, we also swung by Bethany's so Priscilla could see her new house. Josh is a terrific tour guide and was more than pleased to show the girls around. He was also happy to have some friends over.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun summer day. I have spent the day packing shorts and tank tops for Bakersfield (Don's cousin) Temps. 106, and will keeps the shorts on for our friends in Sacramento Temps 103 ~~ Then off to my brother's in Mt. Shasta...a little cooler..and then off to Jill where they are enjoying the 60's..Bring out my sweats and sweaters and scarves.

    Will have Don's laptop, but don't know how much time I will spend on it...maybe none....

    Leave tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It was a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice day for everyone! We used to stop at a little lake and feed the ducks when the boys were oh, 4-6 years old. We haven't done that in ages. They aren't as impressed with that kind of thing as they used to be. ha. I'm sure they'd make the same face that they do now when I make them pet a cat. lol....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh truly is the best tour guide ever!! And awfully cute, too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love little children with their front teeth missing! How cute are they??

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete