Friday, August 24, 2012

Finding an Old Friend

My friend Judy, who I visited last year at her home in the Bronx, is in town this weekend. She graciously made some time for me to stop over at her parent's house for a visit this afternoon. Judy and I were friends in school but spent the most time together during junior high. She was my country friend, a lover of horses, music, and art, and though she lives in the big city, the country in her still shines through in a beautiful way. Since I had spent a bit of time in her parents' home a a young teen, I had no trouble finding the house today.

Hannah and I took the girls along and a very nice time was had by all. The girls ate their lunch in the grass under the shade of a large tree, colored pictures with Mr. Lane (Judy's father), picked up sticks in the yard, and made themselves comfortable and friendly. They were very well behaved.

I took my camera along for the visit, but never took it out of the van. I didn't want to ruin a nice visit by putting a camera in anyone's face. Instead, I invite you to watch this cute video of Judy's big city, apartment dwelling, circus cat, Canvas.

2 comments:

  1. haha...oh, they certainly aren't afraid of heights, are they?

    Glad you had a good time with Judy and the rest. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy told me she and Danny both gasped the first time they saw him walking the rail. Now he is too old for such high wire antics.

    ReplyDelete