Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Case of Crankiness

And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 
1 Timothy 6:8

I long to be content with such things as I have, but the plain and simple truth is being ornery comes much more natural than being satisfied. Today I have had a great case of crankiness. I did try taking a nap, but the relief I found was temporary. I don't suppose the reason for feeling out of sorts really matters much, I'm not even totally sure what my problem is, and even if I was to name it, it would be nothing more than an excuse for bad behavior.

I have a multitude for which to be thankful. (My list numbers well over 4000 now...) Each afternoon I pick fresh grape tomatoes from my little garden box, and every once in a while am blessed to find a cucumber or two hiding there also. Down the road and around the corner is a stand that sells the very best sweet corn in the entire northeast, always plentiful and always delicious! And, I have one of the best neighbors anybody could ask for. He joys in bringing us tomatoes for slicing, zucchinis, green beans, and elderberries.

Just outside my window are more blessings to be thankful for, the sun on Bob's barn, finches at the feeder, and an orchard full of apples. We are blessed with a smattering of blackberries along the old hedgerow, grass that is once again green and growing, and a God who takes plesure in watching me take time to notice how much He loves me.

Shame on me for being cranky!

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  Hebrews 13:5

4 comments:

  1. Lovely veggies and thankfulness. And you're allowed to be cranky once in a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the veg in world does not make up for ice cream or york peppermint coffee creamer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cranky does come easily, doesn't it. :( I'm right there with you.

    Good for you for recognizing it and calling a spade a spade.

    Contentment isn't spoken of in the Bible the way it is because it is EASY... it does take effort.

    May contentment warm you today.

    ♥Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is still plenty to smile about if we just take the time to open our eyes and ears.

    ReplyDelete