Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Busy Kind of Week

What's the best way to recap a busy week? A list? Okay, we'll pretend it's Thursday. Thursday Thirteen.

Thirteen Happenings from this past week.

1. Horse- back riding with Hannah, followed by a trip to Wendy's on the way home. We took Emma along. This was Monday

2. Out to Ladies' Prayer and Bible Study on Tuesday morning. Three small girls went with us.

3. On Tuesday night, answered prayer. The phone rang and it was my dear, sweet daughter in law on the other end. She had been called to help a friend clean in the morning, and Dave suggested she see if I could watch the kids. A weight was lifted from my heart.

4. Tuesday evening brought the faucet fiasco and mom's subsequent second shower of the night. (Scroll down if you missed it.)

5. On Wednes- day, a full vase of flowers! Even without Emma, we had six beautiful children playing in the yard. Bethany came with Josh and I had all my grandchildren in one place for three hours! (I also found out if someone pulls down on the back of my rocking chair swing, it will tip backward and deposit it's contents directly onto the ground. This time it was Lucas. He was a bit shook up, but no one was hurt..)

6. My Wednesday evening brought a tumble down the back step and resulting coffee bath. I found myself thankful my full cup of Joe was not piping hot.

7. On Thursday we spontan- eously piled three girls into the van and went to Beechwood State Park. Finding ourselves on the beach was the highlight of the walk.

8. In spite of being tired from my walk at Beechwood, I also took an evening orchard walk with My Darling. It was nice.

9. Late Friday morning found us out running a few quick, normally-saved-for-Saturday errands.

10. After our errands I took the girls and Hannah to visit my friend Judy at her parents' house. The girls had a picnic in the yard and Hannah, Judy, and I talked for a couple hours before we packed up and headed back home. (I didn't take pictures, so today you get Judy and her husband Danny instead. I took this one last fall in the Bronx.)

11. While the little girls used the bathroom at Judy's, Judy showed Hannah her father's piano. When Judy asked if Hannah had any songs she could play by memory, Hannah smiled and willingly played a tune. :) I doubt she would have been so accommodating had I asked.

12. Hannah popped her head in my bedroom this morning to tell me it was 8 o'clock. She was dressed in her soccer uniform, reminding me of early morning soccer practice that I had totally forgotten.

13. While Hannah was at the park doing soccer practice, I did a little grocery shopping at the Super Walmart and met up with Beth and Adam. I returned to the soccer fields with Josh in tow so my darling daughter and her handsome husband can have a short getaway before the arrival of Little Brother. Yes, it was a planned acquisition.

14. On our way home from soccer, Hannah and I witnessed an accident involving a police car, on his way to a call (we knew by the ambulance he was following), emergency lights flashing, and another vehicle. They both ended up off the road, one of them upside down. This afternoon we spent a little bit of time talking to a sheriff's deputy about what we saw (and couldn't see because of hills and the vehicle we were following). We are praying those involved will heal quickly from their injuries.

Tomorrow is my mom's 78th birthday. To celebrate the occasion, there will be a family picnic here in the yard. I still need to help Mom take a shower tonight and then find something to make for dessert...

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Now that is a busy week! But lots of really fun things included. And happy birthday to your mom tomorrow..it's The Mister's birthday, too! :) Got my dessert made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you gave everything a number...almost like chapters in a book. What a week.

    Wish you mother a very Happy Birthday..

    ReplyDelete