Wednesday, August 29, 2012

State of A Fairs

It wasn't necessarily in  my my plan this morning, though it did pass through my thoughts. But, Hannah wasn't up yet, and the drive to Syracuse is long...

In spite of no real plan to go to the fair today, I had two girls ask if we were going. How could I say no? I popped my driver's license and bank card into my back pocket, filled the diaper bag with snacks and bottled water, and grabbed both my camera and the umbrella stroller. Hannah called Kelly, and off we went to The Great NY State Fair.

It was a busy afternoon. We had ice cream for lunch. Do you think I'm a bad baby- sitter? It was so yummy!


When the girls finally finished their cones, we went upstairs in the Art and Home Center building and tried out the player piano (of course). We were just deciding on a song when Hannah and Kelly appeared. (Hannah likes the piano too.) Rocky played three songs; Sesame Street, No Business Like Show Business, and Maple Leaf Rag. It was a spotless performance!

After a walk through the livestock barns and a jaunt through the 4-H building, we met up with Hannah and Kelly again. For the first time ever I walked the midway. Loved the colors and the smell of carnival food!

Before going home we bought a bag of cotton candy to share. It was a fun day.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely day... Lots of people!!!
    We have something similar here...called the CNE...in Toronto..The Canadian National Exhibition...haven't been for years..perhaps I should ask the "old boy" to take me!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day. Wish I could have been with you.

    Yumm that ice cream cone looks marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like the best babysitter.

    I've been to CNE, as well. WAY fun.

    ReplyDelete