Sunday, August 05, 2012

Beating the Heat

It has been one of the hottest, driest summers on record. We've had more 90º or higher days than I remember, and less rain. Yesterday Hannah and I met Josh and Bethany over at Rachel's and took advantage of her backyard swimming pool. There is no better way, other than air conditioning, to beat the summertime heat and humidity than cool water. It was perfect, except for the fact that there were no cousins for Hannah to play with. I hung my legs over the edge of the pool and soaked my feet. It was wonderful.
Before heading home we decided to stop at a local frozen yogurt bar. Bethany was delayed by the unexpected explosion of a bottle of olive oil inside her vehicle and almost missed the outing. Yolickity has become a favorite place with Dave and Rachel and it's easy to see why. There are plenty of frozen yogurt or sorbet flavors to choose from, and tons of toppings to finish off the experience. If you like fresh fruit on yours, there is plenty to choose from. Josh and Hannah had their desserts mixed into a "blizzard".
I ate mine sundae style; water- melon sorbet with chocolate sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, and whipped cream. Yup, I think I like this place too. If I ever disappear and you aren't sure where I went, check there.

6 comments:

  1. I think we've set a record at our house this summer for the most ice cream consumed by our family. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a had very sticky, hot weather for the last 3 weeks. All sorts of storms with hail and heavy rain. Along with all the wet comes the mozzies!

    I have eaten more ice-cream too and my waist is letting me know. Every night! This has to stop...

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Yolickity!! Well, except for the many, many people that are always there;-) I will surely miss it! And, I miss you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you'll have to come back and visit so we can go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. watermelon with chocolate... hmmmm, there are two tastes I'd never think to put together!

    Glad you got cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't Friendlies put chocolate chips in their watermelon roll?

    ReplyDelete