Tuesday, August 14, 2012

God Speaks

I know God speaks, I've heard His voice before, but sometimes I just get so wrapped up in my own plans and ideas that I forget to the take time to listen.

It was my plan to tell those I babysit for that I wanted to have the next few Mondays free. It didn't happen. Instead I changed my usual Tuesday-Friday schedule with Rocky and WiseGuy (she keeps telling me her name means "wisdom") to Monday-Thursday. I needed Friday off... And then, another
mommy needed some help for the morning and I ended up with six little girls for a few hours instead of no children at all. I was blessed to hug and kiss a few extra faces, take a little one (or two) on my lap, and wipe some yucky green noses. I even survived the morning without Hannah (who was gone horseback riding), thanks to my handy-dandy kid cage. (It keeps very small children contained on the back porch so I can see the older ones while I sit inside the cage with the very small ones.)

September is just around the corner and I have an idea that God is not quite finished trans- forming my stubborn heart. I think He has a plan or two up His sleeve to render another change in my attitudes and behavior. I'm hoping it includes a chance to take a deep breath and catch up with my housework. I've had a tough time keeping my eyes on small girls and cleaning out cobwebs at the same time. My shelves and furniture are well dusted, if that means they are supposed to be covered in it, and horizontal surfaces are getting difficult to see. There isn't much space left to put the stuff I don't know what to do with. :)

But, there are still a few weeks left to summer and I think maybe, just maybe, we can find some fun left in the month of August. Did I tell you we had pancakes for lunch yesterday? I even cooked them out on the back porch.


1 comment:

  1. We are having Blueberry Pancakes and Fried Eggs for our supper tonight before we rush off to see The Jersey Boys!

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete