Sunday, May 06, 2012

A Tale of Two Pies

The weekend is drawing to a close. This afternoon James and I enjoyed a visit from some friends who we haven't seen in quite some time.
Not too long ago Jon asked about my "doggone perfect-looking" pies, and thought maybe I could teach him how to make a top crust. So today we got together to make a blueberry pie and visit. Jon and Emily brought a very yummy "secret ingredient" pecan pie (which Jon made), and we ate altogether too
much pie. :)  Don't they look great? That diet I was going to start is altogether too elusive... Well, at least there will be no pie around to eat for breakfast. Between Jon and Emily's two boys, and Ben and Hannah, there is nothing left.


Rachel brought Mom back early this evening, and tomorrow morning I am expecting another special visitor. I hear she is bringing something wonderful to cook up for breakfast. (Did I say that diet was elusive?) Maybe I should take some orange juice out of the freezer just in case we decide it might go good with the menu.

James and I finished off the evening with a brisk walk through the orchard. No sprayers to dodge or outrun this time, just bee boxes to steer clear of.

6 comments:

  1. The crust of my "not so perfect pie" is caving in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! They look so good. Pecan is one of my favorites!

    a little bourbon in that pie? Or didn't they tell you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tasted a bit of both pies, and they were delish! Now I'm off to the rowing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I am thinking that I know this friend who visited...his last name starts with a "P"...I never knew Emily (only Carol), but wonder how he and his 2 older boys are doing (especially Bryan).
    Miss you!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, we need to get together again sometime. Maybe we can go for a walk with Heather before she goes back to New Jersey. (And yes, you do know him.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, it was something akin to that. :)

    ReplyDelete