Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Bruised and Abrasive

A little over six years ago I started a blog. I named it "Lookin' Up" and made an unspoken commitment to keep my writing upbeat and positive, vowed not to use it as a vehicle to hurt or demean others, and purposed it to honor the One who lived and died for me. I also wanted to keep my writing honest and have found through the years that sometimes honesty means that life is not all roses and sunshine. Everyone faces storms in life. There are challenges and heartaches of every kind. Sometimes we laugh at life, and other times we weep. Sometimes we are strong, and other times we are overwhelmed. Lately I have been overwhelmed.

I am easily bruised and easily abrasive. When I speak my words are not always well thought out. Disagreements and misunderstandings leave me literally tied in knots and in physical pain. Though I know the pain in my neck and back are not caused by structural issues, I still find myself in pain. A chiropractor can not take it away. I need to pray more, I need to read my Bible more, and I need to learn how to give all my anxieties and fears over to His care. Thankfully, I have a God who already knows exactly what I need.

8 comments:

  1. Expect benign posts in the near future. They're a lot easier to take. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Martha. You are right, though, there are times in life where things are not rosey:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. you my dear friend can't take the weight of the world on your own. Praying and "looking up" is good. However other humans need to do the same. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I missed something. I love you & your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand bruised.
    I understand being abrasive.
    I expect you are harder on yourself than need be, though.
    Praying the LORD just comforts you and guides your words on the blog, and everywhere as I pray the same for myself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog, and yes life this side of heaven is going to have its problems. Prayer, bible reading- great answers. Martha- thanks for blogging- your wisdom, humility and focus on looking up has taught me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Ruth. You are a great encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete