Tuesday, May 01, 2012

A Tale of Two Blog Posts

(It's time for ABC Wednesday, which usually happens on Tuesday for me. That's because in some places it's already Wednesday, even though it's not Wednesday here until tomorrow. So this evening you are "blessed" with two Martha posts.)

I am incredibly grateful for the gift of small children, especially the small children who fill my arms and occupy my heart thoughts each day. God has kept them coming in a slow but steady stream. About the time one child no longer needs my daily care, another comes to take the place. I am not overwhelmed by the numbers, but instead absolutely blessed by the few I am privileged to care for while their parents work.

Some children come as complete strangers, and others have mommies or daddies I already know or have known in the past. Unbeknownst to me, this little one's mommy had me in mind way back when she was still pregnant. I am humbled, I am blessed, and I am enjoying my snuggle time with tiny sweetheart. I don't even mind being spit up on. She fills, or at least makes a valiant attempt to fill, a tender hole in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Precious, precious, precious.

    So glad you had two posts...Enjoyed them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, I love that you are watching her!! Such a blessing you are to her Mom:-) I love your attitude toward watching those precious children God has given you for a season.

    ReplyDelete