Friday, March 16, 2012

The Random Award

I think perhaps I have the most random blog around. Either I live a well rounded life, or an extremely boring and predictable existence. One thing is sure, I don't follow a set rule for posting. Life happens and I write about it.

Six years ago I could pretty much come and go as I pleased. Hannah was 10 years old and Ben 12. There were five children still living in our house, and all of our kids were local. We had no grandchildren, my parents spent their days together in their little house, and my "little garden of flowers" had not yet come to be. So much has changed...

I am blessed by fellow bloggers I have met; Gudrun, who  my sister knew through Community Bible Study,and her German restaurant, Tracy and her husband who came to stay with us almost 3 years ago, and Stacy and a chance meeting at the hospital just before my dad was diagnosed with cancer. Wanda, who I have not yet met in person, so graciously took my daughter in on her trip to and from Indonesia last year.I can't forget Kristina who hand delivered a cheesecake for my son's birthday just days before moving from Minnesota to Montana, or Apple and her sister Country Girl who served Ben and me dinner on our way to Oswego one summer. Yes, it's been a wonderful journey.

My followers are few, but that's okay because I've made some really great friends on this six year journey. I wouldn't trade them for all the "followers" in the world. And Facebook? It's fun and it's easy, but it just isn't quite the same as sitting down and having a cup of coffee and a piece of pie with my favorite blog friends.

Thanks for being there.

20 comments:

  1. You are such a rare and loving, beautiful person Martha. I am blessed to have you in my life. You are an Earth Angel I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your niece who is totally awesome! I love your randomness cause I think I got my randomness from you...which means you're totally awesome too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's fun to see who you've made friends with along the way. :) Thanks for being friends with Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And darci is your secret lurker friend.... Always reading and praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I love reading your comments. We random relatives must look out for each other.

    Bethany, that includes you. :)

    Thank you for being there too, Darci. It is always good to be surrounded by friends and covered in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO agree, Martha! The blogging world has been such a support for me since you got me into this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where would I be without my blogging buddies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this.
    I don't post replies as much because hard on mi iPod. But I read. AND PRAY.
    Isn't it funny how many of your readers know each other, too?
    I know God lead me your blog years ago.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you too, Stacy. :)
    That's one of the greatest things about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you make your pie so doggone perfect-looking?

    Jon (Perez)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Jonny, it's because I am a perfect pie maker. :)

    (They don't always turn out so perfect.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, let me know when you're baking one again. If you are willing, I would like to observe and learn, as well as see some friends I have not seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a plan. Do you like elderberries? Blueberries? Lemon meringue never turns out perfect, but it tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blueberry - yummy!! And I shall bring a pecan pie - I've been told I make a tasty one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hm... I thought you needed lessons on making pie... but, pecan pie does sound might good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do...the pies with tops. The ones without tops are easy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So....when do you want to have this shindig?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I shall talk to the boss and check back later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jon, did you get my email? Or did you change your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't seen it..

    jarmrdj61@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete