Thursday, May 03, 2012

Pain In the Neck

For two weeks I avoided the bottle of ibuprofen in my kitchen cabinet, but after suffering with a headache all day yesterday (could it really have been the lilacs?), I gave in at night and took both the ibuprofen and a Benadryl. The ache is persistent, through my neck, down the center of my back, and into my shoulder blade. My eyes are tired and I want to sleep. Perhaps I have learned the lilac lesson... perhaps. And then again,... maybe there is another reason for the pain, one that doesn't smell so pretty.

Tomorrow I have a day off, if there is such a thing. No babies and no small children, just one aging momma who I don't feel comfortable leaving home alone for extended periods of time. She would tell me she is fine, but if I were to leave her, my thoughts would return to her again and again. Sometime tomorrow my sister will arrive to take Mom home for the weekend. I have plans but not to go away or anything. I fear that may never happen... Instead Hannah and I will go the the banquet at church on Saturday evening, and we will have company on Sunday afternoon. We're going to make blueberry pie.


Josh came to visit today. He found the baby quite nice, especially when she took a turn on his lap. He is practicing up to be a big brother and I think he is going to make a perfectly splendid one! I'm looking forward to seeing him with his own baby. I hope he's ready to share his mom and dad with somebody new.

6 comments:

  1. I hope he will be ready too. He sure does love babies and always has. I'm sure he will love little brother without a problem, it'll be the sharing Mom and Dad part that may cause anguish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your neck gets better soon! I take advil every day for something. ha. Your weekend sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh is going to make a great big brother!! I love the look on his face in this picture.

    Martha, I hope your headache and neck feel better soon!! I must come see you soon! Our time is running out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have commented on this twice and I still don't see my long comment here. I shall not write it thrice. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is mysterious, Rachel. I know not where they went. They are not in my spam folder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It said there was some kind of "error".

    ReplyDelete