Thursday, May 17, 2012

Weeds

I pulled some weeds from my back porch flower garden while Hannah cut the lawn this morning. My nose is good and itchy now, but I found my old friend "Jack" hiding 'neath the foliage. Good to know he's still in the pulpit doing his part. Actually, there were several Jack in the Pulpit plants hiding in the weed cover. Perhaps they are planning a convention? Or maybe a pastor's conference?


I've decided gardening is not my thing. I love the flowers, the greenery, and the fruits and veggies. Hey, I even like the dirt! It's just gardening in general I am not so fond of. Maybe it's this thing with the weeds. They grow so much faster than I can pull them out and remind me a bit of life. The harder I try to get things taken care of and finished, the faster my plate gets loaded up with more. (Sometimes I think it's one of Murphy's cruel jokes...) Gone are the days of spotless bathrooms and clean refrigerators. Most nights I don't even know what to make for dinner. (Tonight we're having something with boneless chicken breast, but I'm really not sure what. Maybe Alfredo?)

4 comments:

  1. yep to all that. Dinner... can you do fried egg sandwiches for breakfast and dinner in one day?? And how come weeds grow stronger roots than flowers..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do fried eggs for both. :)

    And I don't know why about those weeds, but they are one determined bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chicken and alredo sounds good...so does fried egg sandwiches. :)

    I love that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had Alfredo and it was yummy.

    Betsy, those "flowers" are lucky enough to be taller than the weeds.

    ReplyDelete