Saturday, May 19, 2012

Beautiful Day

I think I might actually be ready for Sabrina's bridal shower tomorrow. I've done all the prep work I can today and still managed to spend a few hours at the Apple Blossom festival in town. So often it's either too cold or it rains on our parade. Not this year. No one was wearing jackets. There were, however, several people carrying umbrellas... to keep the sun off, I guess. Not me. I am sporting a pink, sunburned face instead.

Hannah and I wandered about ahead of the parade looking for people we know. We saw several, and yet I am always amazed at how many strangers there are walking the street of this small town during the yearly festival. Do they all live here? Where do all these strangers come from? Perhaps it's really the fact that most of the people we used to know have grown up or gotten older.


I found my friend Shelly with her mega camera and took her picture while she wasn't looking. We watched the parade together and snapped photos.
I'm betting she got some really good ones that I missed, but I did get a little distracted by one of my little "garden flowers" who was there to see the parade with his mom, aunt, and new baby sister. I even managed to get a smile out of him today. Maybe because I gave him those Tootsie Rolls.


After the parade Hannah, her friend Kelly, and I got in line for a drink. The sign in the "Bloomin' Onion" trailer window said "Lemonade $2". When we got close enough to order, we found another sign that said $3 instead. Hmm... I asked the "nice" man about the two dollar lemonade. Seems he had forgotten to remove his "old" sign on this warm, sunny day, but there it was plain as day, "Lemonade $2". We ordered three and he took the sign out of the window.

9 comments:

  1. Alan and Davin are heading to Apple Blossom tomorrow while I head to a bridal shower:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun! I think Apple Blossom will be a wee bit tamer tomorrow. I used to love Sundays at the Apple Blossom Festival the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I shall see you tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun...Oxnard CA had their annual Strawberry Festival today, but I couln't make it. Maybe next year. I did buy some strawberries at the market today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful...then you can relax and enjoy the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't make it yesterday. I was too busy visiting an early shower guest. :) And prepping for a bridal shower, of course!

    Yay for bargain lemonades!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend came to play this morning. She had asked her husband to run into Wegmans and grab a snack. We ended up with a 1/2 gallon of lemonade... $8! Can you imagine? WELL - I guess you can! ;)

    ReplyDelete