Monday, May 14, 2012

Strawberry Plants and Vacation Plans

Bethany had too many strawberry plants. She sent out a plea for takers, but I did not respond. I was not sure whether or not I really wanted strawberry plants, but she thought I should have fresh strawberries of my own, and so she dug some up and brought them over.

I looked about my yard wondering where in the world I might put those pretty little plants when my eyes fixed upon an empty garden box. Do you know why I love those square foot garden boxes? It is because they are so stinkin' easy to plant in. The dirt is never walked upon and I have kept them covered in lieu of cats. They are clean and neat and right outside my back door. Into my garden box went a boxful of strawberry plants.

We are making vacation plans. James and I are hoping to take a little trip together sometime in June, after the wedding... (Did you know my son is getting married in just a few short weeks? Yikes!) We have not been away on a vacation in almost six years. No wonder I find planning a challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Bethany just brought the plants to you. Sometimes our children know what is best for us instead of the other way around, I think;-) I did some shopping today for a certain wedding that you mentioned:-) Where are you thinking about going on vacation??? I LOVE vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are such pretty little plants, I think I need to invest in one of those planting boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are planning to drive up to Nova Scotia to see James' mom. A visit there is long overdue.

    Wanda, I am already imagining strawberries. :)

    ReplyDelete