Monday, May 21, 2012

Onions and Allium

"Allium is a Monocot Genus of Flowering plant informally referred to as the Onion genus. Allium is the Latin word for garlic." (Wiki)

I have an eclectic garden. The thing about perennials is that one can always count on plenty of variety. From flowers to weeds, something new is continually making an appearance. Today my allium decided to bloom. I suppose the summer-like temperatures were a great encouragement. Although I prefer purple cone-flowers, Black-eyed Susans, or Bee Balm, I do find these short lived blossoms interesting. My friend Deborah says they look like "flower planets".

Tonight I am aiming to find my way to bed a little earlier than I typically have. The sun wakes bright and early these days, and if I were to rise bright and early too, I might get more accomplished during the day. It is possible...

3 comments:

  1. those are so lovely...I've always like how tall they are.

    I got myself to bed 30 minutes early last night...quite a feat for me! ha. I'm going to try to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, onion, garlic.. all sounds good. bed??? it's 12:07 am.
    bed for me is still the dreaded recliner. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a similar goal today, Martha. I love to get up early, but it is so hard to get to bed early. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete