Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Q is for Quilt

Q is for quilt. I love quilts. They remind me of all things warm and cozy, like Grandma's house.

A couple weeks ago Mom and I did a puzzle together. It was called "Quilt Sale" and pictured a variety of old fashioned quilts. Though she struggles now to put the pieces together, I still enjoy sitting at her table and working a jigsaw puzzle with my mom. I guess that's because it's kind of warm and cozy too.

To see the other participants in the new round of ABC Wednesday, click here!

12 comments:

  1. quilting is very interesting


    don quixote limerick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always admire people who are so creative to make these lovely quilts. What a great idea to do a jigsaw puzzle together with your mum!
    Have a great week !
    Wil, ABC Team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quilts and have done some for my family. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. warm and comfortable, physically and emotionally

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so nice on many levels - sharing time with your mother, doing a puzzle, and quilting itself. I know several people who do quilting and it's quite an art! Not something I think I could do, though! Have a great week, Martha!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly I don't have the patience or talent to quilt or do jigsaw puzzles.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to spend time with your Mom. Quilts are gorgeous pieces of accomplishment, my Grandma made plenty in her lifetime.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a very beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very fun! Sometimes we do this over the Christmas holiday...some of the big harder ones takes us forever! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt!

    Come and take my Dementia Quiz
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. My wife loves quilts. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful jigsaw. Quilting is actually something I have never seen in progress, but I have seen many beautiful finished ones.

    ReplyDelete