Tuesday, May 01, 2012

P is for Purple

P is for purple.

The lilacs are blooming. I stuck my nose into the blossoms this afternoon and took a nice deep breath. Dangerous, I know, but the threat of allergies is always worth the scent of fresh lilacs. I just can't help myself and try it at least once or twice every May. Perhaps tomorrow I shall find myself a pair of shears and cut a nice bouquet to bring inside.




To see the other partici- pants in the new round of ABC Wednes- day, click here!

7 comments:

  1. That fragrance would also be a nice perfume....

    You photo's are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love lilacs. there was a bush right next to our house in Binghamton, NY.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful. Mine have bloomed and gone already this year.
    Enjoy.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ! the lilas in our garden are also blooming !
    Gattina
    ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love lilacs! Their fragrance just makes me happy - allergic, but happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first photo is such a great purple color. I do love lilacs also but only in the yard. (See Wanda's blog on perfume).

    ReplyDelete