Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Time On My Hands

The gardener/laundress is tired. I am perfectly aware that no one is really interested in hearing about it, but perhaps this is why my comments on your blogs have been lacking or sporadic lately. It's not that I'm not visiting, it's just that along with my body, my brain is moving a bit slow. I'm finding myself feeling like a child with ADD, unable to complete a full thought without interruption either from someone/something else or my own seeming inability to concentrate.

I've started reading a few different books, "One Thousand Gifts" (for the second time), "Inconceivable" by Sean and Carolyn Savage, and "On Becoming Babywise"
(because I am making a concerted effort to understand a particular way of parenting), but have yet to finish any of them. I also have "Lazarus Awakening" by Joanna Weaver, borrowed from a friend and scarcely cracked open... It may be July before I have a chance to finish a book in less than three months time.

I have so much to do and so little time to get it all accomplished, or so it seems... I am looking expectantly forward to summer and hoping I will get those much needed moments to clean out my closets and rid my home of the extra clutter that has found it's way in the past few years. Gah! I'm getting tired just thinking about it!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a line outside to dry clothes. Bet you never thought someone would be envious of your laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They dry in fifteen seconds in Albuquerque. I should know, I lived there for a few days. :)

    Okay, I was there for six months and they dried in a half hours time. Of course I wasn't really supposed to be hanging them in front of our four-plex...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Ecuador I saw laundry hanging at almost every house. However...I think it takes days to dry because it is so moist there...at least where I was in the Andes.

    ReplyDelete