Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cellulitis

I showed Ben my broken camera this afternoon. He, being a guy, pressed extra hard on the shutter button and *voila!* it took a picture. I am somewhat relieved.

My brother Tim has been in the hospital with cellulitis for over a week now. I have called the hospital several times and always find the nurses very nice and willing to share his progress or lack thereof. Apparently the doctors had hoped for a more speedy recovery and are looking to try another antibiotic or two. On the more encouraging side he has been up sitting in his chair, has also taken a walk around the nurses station, and is well cared for. Though we are somewhat apprehensive about visiting for fear of upsetting him, I am thinking a visit is a bit overdue. If my sister doesn't take Mom tomorrow, I just might go for a drive, buy him a Frosty, and visit myself.

6 comments:

  1. yeah, a frosty, a visit, alone in the car.. oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alone in the car... I hadn't even thought of that!!!

    Actually, Rachel said she'll take Mom up today if they say it's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the frosty should put a smile on his face! I hope he's better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a frosty is just what he needs!! I hope he recovers soon and is able to be out of the hospital. Is it hard for him to be there instead of where he normally lives?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand Rachel's apprehension. She expressed worry that he would become upset about not going out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't go out when we visit the house at Christmas either, and like I mentioned in the post, I have the same apprehension about upsetting him as Rachel does. I also have the understanding that he has been in the hospital with a nasty case of cellulitis for nearly two weeks and NO family member has visited which I find kind of sad. What if he's there another week or two?

    ReplyDelete