Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Welcome to Moe's!"

No small children today. The sun is shining and although the temperatures are still cool, I'm feeling much brighter than yesterday or the couple of days previous. The fog of the past few days has lifted. I am actually not feeling like I need to take a nap, although I do need a sweatshirt...


After prayer and Bible study this morning Hannah and I went out for lunch. It was a rare treat. I thought we might go to Panera Bread, but when I mentioned the possibility of a burrito, her eyes lit up. We decided to go to Moe's, buy two drinks, and split one of their giant burritos. We ate outside on the sidewalk where I could take in some sunshine.

After a quick stop at Wegman's for some cheese and coffee filters, we returned home. Coffee,... oh yes, I spilled my coffee all over the front passenger side of my van this morning when I stepped on the brake to avoid hitting a squirrel. I had set the mug on the floor because it is too fat to fit in the cup holder. I hadn't even taken a sip and the cup was completely drained. My rug was covered with sticky vanilla scented coffee. What a mess! God is so good. I was blessed by some carpet cleaners who were cleaning the carpets at church. One of them overheard me tell Nathan about my morning spill and offered to clean it up for me. It was totally unexpected and I am so thankful. The carpet looks great in the front. Now I just have to finish the rest of the van.

2 comments:

  1. our God is so good and loving! It constantly amazes me how he looks out for the small details of our lives. Why would He do that? Why in the world would He love us so much? Like, it was amazing enough He loved us enough to give us oxygen and soil... know what I mean!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that burrito looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete