Monday, July 13, 2009

Oswego Tea

It still doesn't feel like summer but my flower gardens are slowly waking up and smiling into the sunshine, what little there has been. Last summer Apple gave me some Oswego tea and I am enjoying the bright red blooms this week. They really are very pretty and I think the hummingbirds rather like them too. I heard one humming about out that direction this morning. I also have pink and purple bee balm (another name for Oswego tea) but they aren't quite ready to bloom.

My little friend, Josh, was here today. He showed up bright and early, wearing his pajamas, at 7:15 am. He watched his daddy pull out of the driveway and as the van went up the hill and away from the house he said, "Bye, Dad." His mommy has gone away for a few days, off on a missions trip to an orphanage in El Salvador, the same one Nate went to last year. She was just a little bit nervous when they stopped by here on Saturday evening, but I think she will be blessed and come home with lots of stories to tell. Tomorrow Josh will stay with his other grandma. We're taking turns.

Oh, and Priscilla came to visit me today. I don't get too many visitors these days so it was a real treat. I made brownies for the kids and Sara came to visit too, in fact she's still here! She missed us so she rode her bike over to spend some time with Hannah and the girls and then ended up staying for supper.

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to visit with you. I don't get too many visitors either. I'm a bit lonely and bored today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty flowers!

    Aw, Martha and Priscilla--wish I lived close enough to drop in for a visit! I do know what you mean though. It seems that people just don't take time to visit even close neighbors very often any more.

    ReplyDelete