Monday, July 27, 2009

Blue In the Face

Blueberries. Blueberries. Blueberries. I spent more time in the blueberry patch today than I spent in the house. When I walked out this morning around 7 am I knew that had just a few hours to pick before Josh arrived. By 10:30 I had picked three bucketfuls, or was it four? It was four. I went back out in the afternoon and picked until my husband decided I needed a break and sent me off to the grocery store with my daughter. Of course, I had to finish the job and so went back out to pick the last few bushes after my return. I am satisfied that I picked ninety percent of what was there and have packed and frozen several bags, a few for my sister and a few for me. Tomorrow James' friend will pick up a few bags for his wife and, yes, Judi, I have also sold a few out by the side of the road. I'm looking forward to Wednesday when Rachel is planning to come over to pick a few too. Oh, and I sent a nice big bag home with Bethany this afternoon. Can't forget my Bethany!

6 comments:

  1. So. I'm ready for some pie! Carl and Judi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo reminds me of a watercolor card I painted several years ago in my "fruit series"

    I'll post it in my Art Gallery one of these day's and dedicate it to you.


    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw on Della's that you were turning (?) bluer by the day.. I'm glad, of course it's due to the blueberries!! Sounds amazingly wonderful, such a great fruit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johnny says, "Send us some! If you overnight, they'll make it here just fine!" They do look pretty delicious!

    ReplyDelete